Module 4: Electrical Drives Characteristics
To understand the main characteristics of electrical transmissions. Physical principles will be used to derive machinery characteristics and a basic overview will be given of electricity and magnetism. The module includes both lectures and practical exercises.
• Basic electrotechnical components
• Electromagnetic fields
• Working of electric motors & generators
• Power electronic components (diodes, thyristors, GTO, IGCT, IGBT)
• Working of power electronic converters (converters, rectifiers, choppers, inverters)
• Control strategy inverters
• Characteristic of motor inverter combination
• Transformers (basic working, phase shifting)
• Development of electric propulsion since 1900
• Why diesel electric propulsion?
• Standards & notations, dynamic positioning
• Influence DP-notation on electrical design
• Power generation (parallel operation, short-circuit behaviour)
• Harmonic distortion, Electro Magnetic Compability
• Future developments (Fuel cell, superconducting machines)
Thanks to its international setting, the course offers companies in the maritime cluster an excellent opportunity to gain knowledge and to network with colleagues, clients and/or suppliers. This will enable them to position their company even better as a comaker in the shipbuilding process.
Target group and lecturers
This module is of interest to designers, engineers, and sales engineers working with system integrators, engine transmission, and propulsor manufacturers/representatives, electrical engineering firms, shipyards, navies, design offices and ship owners. HME organises the module ‘Electrical Drives Characteristics’ in close cooperation with Bakker Sliedrecht Electro Industrie BV. The trainer is ir. Paul Bracké.
14 and 15 November 2012
09.00 – 17.00
FME in Zoetermeer (NL)
Between 12 and 20
Members Holland Marine Equipment Association or The Netherlands’ Shipbuilding Industry Association (VNSI) members € 845,-
non-members € 1.045,-
These fees include all training materials, catering and lunches, but exclude 21% VAT.
Click here to register. You will receive a written confirmation of participation, including a route description and a list of nearby hotels.
For further information, please contact HME’s Manager Professional Training Jan Adriaan Krans T: +31 (0)10 44 44 333 of E: firstname.lastname@example.org .