Module 3: System Engineering
Module 3 intends to enable the engineer to perform all calculations needed for a good system performance. It includes both lectures and practical exercises.
• Fluid mechanics
- Resistance calculations
- Moody diagram
• Incompressible fluids
- Ideal and perfect liquids
• Pipe flow systems
- Pump pressure rise and pressure head
- System impedance
- Balance between pump pressure rise and system impedance
- Open systems
- Pumping from and to the sea
- Closed systems
- Pressure along the line
- Suction limitations
- Net Positive Suction Head (NPSH), available and required
- Operating point
- Series and parallel operation of pumps and system branches
- Flow control
• Cooling and heating systems
- Performance of heat exchangers in design and off-design conditions
Target group and lecturers
This module is of interest to yard system designers, owners’ technical personnel and project engineers of component suppliers. Lecturer will be Prof. Douwe Stapersma of the Delft University of Technology and the Royal Netherlands Naval College and Assistant Prof. Marine Engineering Hugo Grimmelius.
6 and 7 June 2013
09.00 – 17.00
FME in Zoetermeer (NL)
Between 12 and 20
Members Holland Marine Equipment Association or The Netherlands’ Shipbuilding Industry Association (VNSI) members € 845,-
non-members € 1.045,-
These fees include all training materials, catering and lunches, but exclude 21% VAT.
Click here to register. You will receive a written confirmation of participation, including a route description and a list of nearby hotels.
For further information, please contact HME’s Manager Professional Training Jan Adriaan Krans T: +31 (0)10 44 44 333 of E: firstname.lastname@example.org .